New Concern in Egypt: Citizen Arrests for Blasphemy?

Mar 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

New Concern in Egypt: Citizen Arrests for Blasphemy?

Seems, at this time, to be only one source for this (Al-Ahram, as linked in the Turley coverage) but if the great Jonathan Turley is covering it..... http://jonathanturley.org/2013/03/18...tizen-arrests/

Please post any updates if you see them, especially if this is not an accurate report.
Mar 18th, 2013, 12:10 PM

You refer to "the great Jonathan Turley".... looked him up in Wikipedia, and he does look like he's got quite the education, but I see NOTHING about any International travel he's done. What does his passport look like? (Don't shoot me, I haven't lived in America for years)

What he mentions about the law that would allow Egyptians to make citizen arrests was discussed here, but the last I heard/read was that the judges saw that it was not going to work well, so it's not going through. They were afraid we'd turn into another Libya where militias (I think) are running rampant, and they knew they didn't want that.
Mar 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM

But.... I want to add.... if his purpose was to scare the snot out of everyone thinking to come to Egypt, he did a bang up job!!

Search this Thread