Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Needed: Words of Wisdon about Egypt (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/needed-words-of-wisdon-about-egypt-27386/)

Cathy Jun 19th, 1998 01:27 PM

Needed: Words of Wisdon about Egypt

Going to Egypt and the middle east for an extended period of time. We want to do all that we can, but want to be as indepentent as possible, not rushed or on a whirl-wind schedule. <BR> <BR>Any recomendations for tour companies that do NOTinclude rd trip air fare out of NY? We intend to spend more time in the area including, Israel, Jordan, and Turkey--than they allow, ususally less than 30 days. <BR> <BR>Is it true or a rumor, that certain Arab countries will not allow you to enter their country after you have visited Israel? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your input and advice. <BR> <BR>Cathy <BR> <BR>

timur Jun 22nd, 1998 03:28 AM

Sorry I can't give you any advice on a certain toutist agent in the USA. <BR>But if you want some advice on independent travel in the Mid.East, especially Jordan, Syria, I'll try to answer. <BR>Israeli Visa causes no problem in Turkey, you can enter Jordan and Egypt. All the rest is closed for the I.V. carrier. At least in the case with Russians. <BR> <BR>Bye, <BR>Timur.

Gene Kasprzyk Jun 24th, 1998 06:26 AM

Try the following for an independent guide service in Egypt. Although I have never used his services, he comes highly recommended by others and I have corresponded with him and he appears to be very professional and his cost is reasonable: <BR> <BR>http://www.intouch.com/~samo/ <BR> <BR>Also check out the BBS at <BR> <BR>interoz.com/egypt/index <BR> <BR>Run by the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism. <BR> <BR>You will have a great time in the Middle East.

Sue Jun 25th, 1998 08:39 PM

Cathy, in November I used Mazada Tours out of Jerusalem to go to Cairo. I was extremely pleased with the package and I thought it was very reasonable. They had a 4 day/3 night tour to Cairo for $209 (including B&B) and a 6 day/5 nite tour to Cairo and Luxor from Jerusalem for $319 (double room). In Cairo, they contracted with Adverture Tours and I was very pleased with their tour and accomodations. While in Israel, you can take Egged Tours which offer independent day tours at reasonable prices. Hope this is helpful. Sue

Eric Cooper Aug 8th, 1998 10:46 AM

I can't really help on the tour agent. Many muslim countries, however, will not allow you entrance if your passport bears a stamp from Israel. One should also note that countries' policies change, and thus having an Israeli stamp may prevent entry into a country later on. There is a simple solution to this. Ask for the stamp from Israel to be put on a removable insert in your passport. I believe they still do this. I know of many people who have been harassed even at borders to supposedly 'Israel-friendly' Muslim countries for having an Israeli stamp; but, almost no problems if the stamp was removed just prior to presentation--even when LEAVING ISRAEL to a BORDERING country!!!

mohamed.alfayed Aug 9th, 1998 10:50 AM

hello kathy <BR>this is mohamed from cairo egypt about your trip <BR>you have to start turkey ,then egypt why from egypt <BR>you will visit jourdan then israel you must leave isrel last othewise you will not enter the other countries, <BR> <BR>we are not a travel agency we are a group of student how like to help and meet new friends <BR> <BR>if you need more information contact ; <BR>[email protected]

Chip Aug 25th, 1998 08:47 AM

You might consider flying to England and staying a day or two to get over jet lag. Then get an Air Jordan flight to Jordan. The attraction is that Air Jordan offers a free and, I believe, unlimited layover in Cyprus - a great place to vist. <BR> <BR>The advice about seeing Israel last and leaving from there is well taken. Have a great trip!