Search

Safari in Botswana

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 02:48 PM
Claire

Safari in Botswana

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Botswana in April 2000. We are thinking about using Wilderness Safaris, and want to stay in the Okavango Delta, Moremi, and Linyanti/Chobe regions. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding safaris, lodges, or camps in these areas. Are these places worth the money ($320 per person per night)?

Old Oct 23rd, 1999, 08:01 AM
Louise

We returned in May from the areas you are speaking of and traveled with Wilderness Safaris. I couldn't find a way to book directly with them except to go through a tour operator. So, after much studying, we selected www.fisheaglesafaris.com based in Houston. The owner, Bert, is most responsive and was a pleasure to deal with. We did the Jacana safari. If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Old Oct 27th, 1999, 02:54 PM
Pat

Claire, I also travelled with Wilderness, both on the Jacana safari and also fly-in safari to 3 camps (Chitabe, Kwetsani and Savuti). I highly recommend them and yes it is worth the cost. The difference is the lack of other people and vehicles. It makes a huge difference in the African experience. <BR> I loved Kwetsani, it is brand new, very intimate (only 4 tents)and beautiful. <BR> First trip we liked Linyanti Tented Camp, and loved Mombo (which is just remodeled and I hear wonderful). <BR> Happy to answer questions. Pat

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 09:53 AM
Jasper

Hi Claire, I am a South African who like to visit Botswana. I have just returned from a trip to the Okavango. If you are interested in a tour to these areas, please feel free to contact me. I can take you to these areas in a private vehicle and construct a tour that suits you best.

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 12:12 AM
Sheryl

I stayed at the very luxe Chobe Game Lodge. It is the only hotel in the middle of the National Park. (Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had their second wedding there.) Exclusive, no crowds. They arrange everything beautifully. I can recommend. After all, it was good enough for Liz and Dick . . . .

Sheryl

I stayed at the very luxe Chobe Game Lodge. It is the only hotel in the middle of the National Park. (Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had their second wedding there.) Exclusive, no crowds. They arrange everything beautifully. I can recommend. After all, it was good enough for Liz and Dick . . . . But if you want something that is roughing it alot, this is not the place for you.

Sheryl

I stayed at the very luxe Chobe Game Lodge. It is the only hotel in the middle of the National Park. (Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had their second wedding there.) Exclusive, no crowds. They arrange everything beautifully. I can recommend. After all, it was good enough for Liz and Dick . . . . But if you want something that is roughing it alot, this is not the place for you.

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 12:14 AM
Sheryl

I'm sorry. I don't know why it posted 3 times? (The first one apparently deleted the last sentence.)