Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Need recommendation for great travel agent to help plan trip to SA (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/need-recommendation-for-great-travel-agent-to-help-plan-trip-to-sa-851623/)

andreama1 Jul 26th, 2010 01:57 PM

Need recommendation for great travel agent to help plan trip to SA

I am planning a trip for 2 for next May for trip to SA. I've done quite a bit of research already so I have a good idea as to where I'd like to stay in CT (5-6 nights), Sabi Sands (3-4 nights), and Stellenbosch (2 nights). I also need help booking international (from US) and intra country air.

I need someone to help me pull it all together. I've seen recommendations for go2africa.com and southerndestinations.com. What are some others? Anyone in the US?

I've been following the thread about planning yourself or having an agent assist--I have always planned and booked our trips but this trip I don't think I can pull off without help.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Andrea

christabir Jul 26th, 2010 08:47 PM

I use classicafrica.com. They are in the US and have used them twice with great results.

That sounds like a lot of time for CT/Stellenbosch. I'd cut that to 5 days and add more safari time, maybe 3 days at another camp.

living4safari Jul 26th, 2010 11:36 PM

Hi Andrea

I always make use of www.africadirect.co.za - they have a lot of experience in putting together trips and safaris and each and every safari that they put together was amazing.

Kind regards

safariwannabe Jul 27th, 2010 01:57 AM

I also used Classic Africa for my upcoming trip and I was very happy with them.

moremiles Jul 27th, 2010 06:09 AM

I've used Premier Tours in Philadelphia and Eyes on Africa in Chicago and have been very happy with both. Premier can also get good airfares to SA.

Safari_Craig Jul 29th, 2010 05:30 AM

andrea - where do you live in the US. there are over 80 safari companies in the US you can book with. some are really good. if you live near a really good one i can possibly recommend you meet someone face to face.

as a competitor, i can highly recommend all of the companies mentioned above. classic africa is in hartford, CT. premier and eyes on africa are excellent companies as well.

craig beal

sandi Jul 29th, 2010 08:00 AM

Premier Tours (out of Phila, PA), Africa Adventure Co (Florida), Fish Eagles (Houston), African Travel (Los Angeles area)... many many more.

atravelynn Jul 31st, 2010 12:06 PM

I've heard good things about the companies mentioned above and have used The Africa Adventure Co and Eyes on Africa.

For my Cape Town and near Cape Town activities I used Wayne of Take2Tours in Cape Town and was very pleased with the personal service and pricing he provided.

Good luck.

Louise Jul 31st, 2010 04:27 PM

I can recommend Fish Eagle Safaris also. The trip put together for us was wonderful.

dcgardener10 Aug 2nd, 2010 05:37 PM

Premier Tours out of Philadelphia. The owner Julian Harrison is a South African and very knowledgable.

dd7151 Aug 2nd, 2010 08:09 PM

We've used www.uyaphi.com for two trips to South Africa, Botswana and Zambia. One of them was quite complicated, with lots of moving pieces and parts and personalities (on our part) and our agent, Nicky, handled it all without a hitch. I couldn't recommend her more highly. Oh, and by the way, they are located in Cape Town and really know their stuff.

phernska Aug 3rd, 2010 04:57 AM

I highly recommend Ngoko Safaris out of London.