Need more help... wrench in my plans

Jul 14th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Need more help... wrench in my plans

Our lovely colleagues have booked us for a free weekend at Sanbona, one of our partners in the Karoo area. http://www.sanbona.com

I was planning on taking in the Cape winelands that weekend, but I'm certainly not refusing a free weekend at such a gorgeous location. Needless to say, I'm altering our schedule.

Should this (or could this) take the place of one of the other game parks in terms of game viewing? Addo/Schotia and Botlierskop
were on our schedule.

I was thinking of moving the Cape weekend as our final weekend and booking a hotel in the winelands or another surrounding place.
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Selwyn,

Is there another town on the way from PE to Capetown besides Oudtshoorn that you would recommend stopping at?
If not, I was thinking of how to redo our itenerary in order to split the drive back from CT from PE into 2 days.

In our research, we haven't found much in Oudtshoorn that piques our interest and it seems a shame to waste a day on such activities. Husband doesn't really care to go to an ostrich farm and I'm indifferent about it. Neither of us are interested in the caves or the other "tourist" attractions there.
Jul 19th, 2004, 02:01 PM

Helo Jen79
We stopped in Knysna. I or others may have mentioned this in an earlier posting, so forgive my repeating myself and others. We really enjoyed the area. It is about an hour from Stormsriver (treetop tour) and some of the scenic routes. You can also go to the bungee jumping to watch or participate. There is horseback riding, a wonderful primate sanctuary called Monkeyland (too bad about the name but the work they do is excellent). The town is on the water so there are cruises and walks. The forest is dense and full of walks for every level of activity. We spent three days there and wished we had had more time. We drove from Knysna to Port Elizabeth without stopping. So it is a long drive (5 hours approx) but doable.

Search this Thread