Need JNB Hotel for One Night

Jun 30th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Need JNB Hotel for One Night

We will be flying in early September from CPT to JNB on a Saturday evening and then departing on our international flight the next evening from JNB. So, we would like a hotel with free transfer from and back to JNB. We would probably do a half-day morning tour from the hotel but would need to be at JNB by mid-afternoon. We would prefer not to spend more than 800 Rand TOTAL (and less is even better). Our main priorities are safety and convenience to the airport -- we'd rather spend more on hotels elsewhere on our trip. Thanks!!!
Jul 1st, 2005, 01:29 AM

We are staying near the airport in Nov
at a very reasonable Guest House called Afton Guest House. They meet and greet transfers and breakfast all in the price. Do a search and you will find them or I can give you there website and email. They have been recommended by others on the board.
Jul 1st, 2005, 04:58 AM

It's more than your price range, but we stayed at the Johannesburg Airport Holiday Inn in May. Nice hotel, literally two minutes from JNB. Here's the portion of our trip report talking about our arrival in Joberg and the Holiday Inn. http://www.traveltalkonline.com/foru...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I will check out both of those!!!
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:14 AM

I stayed at the City Lodge in both Durban and Cape Town - nice enough chain type hotel (think Holiday Inn). Nothing fancy or interesting ... but they have one near the airport. Might be worth checking it out. The price is around 500 Rand.
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Last week I needed to book some collegues for a night and booked the Holiday Inn although the City Lodge was a lot cheaper, found them on

http://www.south-africa.travelreport...rt_hotels.html

also shows which have free shuttles

Search this Thread