Need infor about go2africa travel agency

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need infor about go2africa travel agency

We are planning a trip to SA and Botswana in July 2005 and have a quote from go2africa. I have seen some reference to them in some discussions, but would like to hear from anyone who has first hand experience with them. Also, we are traveling from the US and go2 is a Cape Town company. Any disadvantage in not having a US contact? You can email me at [email protected].
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 07:29 AM

Hi Jim,
I sent you an e-mail, but I'll also put a post here. I have been dealing with Rikke Williams at go2africa. While we haven't taken the trip yet, she has been great to work with and gave us the best price of any organizer for the itinerary we wanted. She called us as we neared the end of our planning and we had a wonderful conversation. Now we are working with her around day tours in Cape Town. She is very knowledgeable and has set up a wonderful private tour of the Cape Peninsula that will cost very little more than being with a group. I am looking forward to the fact that she is in Cape Town where we start our trip in case there are any last minute glitches. We're going in June and I'll probably post something when we get back in early July reagrding our experience, so look for it.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 01:42 PM

I am curious to hear what you have to say about them. I am planning a trip to Kenya/Tanzania and they have responded to some of my inquiries.

Can you please share anything you hear.

THanks
csuss
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 08:49 AM

Just a quick update on go2africa. Rikke has continued to be very helpful and responsive to our questions and e-mails. She has proposed a wonderful full day tour out to the Cape Peninsula and the cost for doing it privately is not much more than doing it with a group (we have 4 people going together). We will be getting our tickets couriered to us in the next week or so - very exciting as it gets closer. I continue to recommend working with this company for travel - especially if you are trying to set up your own itinerary.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM

jrretired:

I used go2africa in March 2004, to both Cape Town and Johannesburg. They scheduled day tours that were wonderful. At the beginning of my planning, I searched for a good reliable and fairly moderate priced tour company to South Africa. I liked their web site and when I took the plunge to inquire about one of their trips, they replied to me very quickly and answered all my questions. They also planned my safari trip to the Mpumalanga area. I had a great time with no problems. I would highly recommend them. If you need any further information, you can email me [email protected] Good Luck!
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Brenda65:

Thanks for the reference. Between you and Jennifer, I feel much better about our decision. We have booked a trip thru go2 for July 2005. We work with Pieter who has been very prompt and helpful with our planning. Jennifer is going to let me know how their trip goes in April and I will report after July. Thanks, Jim
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Actually, our trip is in June. April was Brazil (which was wonderful - I posted our experience on that part of this site in case anyone in thinking of a trip there). We are in the final stages of planning our trip with Rikke - she is setting up a private tour of the Cape Peninsula for us and the cost is not that much more than doing it with a group. I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with them, Brenda. Look for a posting of our "trip of a lifetime" in July when we get back!
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 05:28 AM

I am planning a trip with Go2africa in August and was wondering what has been process for receiving tickets, etc. The arrangement discussed was to have a courier meet us at JNB, but I am a bit uncomfortable with this process. How has it worked for others?
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 06:01 AM

I just received my airline tickets from go2africa via FedEx. They use a travel agent in Montreal who issued the tickets and sent them to us. The only tickets not sent to us were the ones from Johannesburg to Victoria, on to Botswana and back to Johannesburg. I asked Rikke about it and she said we would get those when we get to Cape Town. I'm not sure what tickets you are referring to since you would obviously have to have gotten your airline tickets to get to JNB in the first place (unless you set up your own international travel?). As for any of the transfers and all of that, we just did a trip to Brazil and the person who picked us up at the airport had all of our vouchers for hotels, tours, etc. I am assuming it will work the same way with go2africa. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 07:50 AM

I did in fact book my own international travel, so transfers, hotel vouchers and flights to Botswana and CPT will be the information needed.

I feel better that someone has had a good experience and it seemed to have worked well.

Thanks
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 02:14 PM
sandi

It's not unusual when dealing with in-country outfitters (worldwide) to get your internal vouchers and tickets upon arrival. You're dealing with a reputable company in go2africa.