Need info on Samburu Serena Lodge (Kenya)

Jan 23rd, 2001, 03:40 PM
Dave

Need info on Samburu Serena Lodge (Kenya)

If you have stayed there, I would appreciate your evaluation. Thanks.

Jan 25th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Hans

We were in Samburu last July and although we did not stay at the Serena (we were at the Intrepids camp), we did drive by it. As you may know, the Serena chain is ownd by the Aga Khan and, accordingly, the hotels tend to be very nice. The hotel looked quite nice from the outside and is actually located across the river from the Samburu entrance. Serena's tend to also have a Indian Sub-Continent influence (as a result of the Aga Khan) and, accordingly, some of the food will be Indian in origin. As I mentioned, we did not stay at this lodge but we spent two nights in the Nairobi Serena (which was very nice) and wandered through the Serena Lodge in the Masai Mara which also looked quite nice. The real question is do you want to stay in the lodges or the tents--if you have chosen lodges then the Serenas are an excellent choice. Have a wonderful trip--although quite small, Samburu has some wonderful animals and the landscape is breathtaking.

Mar 1st, 2001, 08:43 AM
Chris

Just got back from Kenya and SA. Stayed 1 night at Samburu Serena, it is very good,great location by the river, each cottage has a riverfront patio where you can view crocodiles and leopards from. The game viewing is good, this is a hot and dry land with scrub type vegetation.
Great pool and outside dining area -just watch out for the baboons that come to steal food!
I would recommend it.

Search this Thread