Need info. on game reserve/safari pls.

Nov 15th, 2000, 12:27 PM
Nigel Doran

Need info. on game reserve/safari pls.

Next February, we shall be in S Africa for a wedding. It takes place on March 10th, and we are flying home from C Town on the Monday 12th. We fly out on February 26th. Working backwards from departure for home, we plan to spend at least 5 days in Cape Town itself (from March 5th) and a few days driving the Garden Route, possibly about 5 - 6 days. That would mean starting that part of the holiday on March 4th. So, what to do to see animals in a do-able part of this vast country beforehand, perhaps from February 27th?

Looking to spend up to U S$180 for both of us. We have never been on safari before.

Nov 15th, 2000, 01:12 PM
Nigel Doran

Thanks for that. Also, how much would an airfare from C T to the Kalahari area cost? There is a lodge there that looks unique, and very expensive no doubt, but it is still worth my while looking into. If noone knows how much, what about a site where I might look?

Thanks.

Nov 15th, 2000, 01:53 PM
Jcameron

Nigel - You might call Lelsey at Karell Travel in Fla. - 1-800-327-0373 -- Lelsey is at Ext. 207. They handle SA tickets. My ticket RT from Cape Town-Durban was about $200 plus tax. A travel agent based in SA advised me it was cheaper to buy my tickets in the US. You can get some other advice elsewhere on this SA forum - there are some postings about airfare. You could also contact an agent in SA, Beverley, at [email protected], who could help you with game reserve lodges - she's been helping us make our reservations, and she's prompt and informed. Give her my name, if you wish, and also to Lesley. Both of these agents are first-rate. It really helps to have Beverley make the contact for reservations - the lodges seem to respond to the agents faster sometimes, although most, if not all the lodges and hotels in SA, were good about answering my e-mail enquiries within 24-48 hours. Hope this helps you. Joseph

Search this Thread