need help with Egypt travel itinerary

Mar 15th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

need help with Egypt travel itinerary

We will be in Egypt from March 25-April 6 for 11 days not including traveling days. We are still firming up itinerary, please help!

choice 1:
day 1-2, Aswan, Abu Simbel
day 3: traveling/sightseeing from aswan to luxor
day 4-8: 5 days split between Luxor and Cairo.
day 9-11: desert safari.

choice 2:
day 1-2: aswan, abu simbel
day 3-6: nile cruise from aswan to luxor, luxor sightseeing included (4 days, 3 nights)
day 7-8: cairo
day 9-11: desert safari

choice 3:
day 3-6: nile cruise from aswan to luxor, luxor sightseeing included (4 days, 3 nights)
day 7-8: hurghata
day 9-11: cairo

the difference between choice 1 & 2 is taking a cruise or not? I heard the cruise is nice, but without cruise, we can spend more time in luxor as in choice 1. For those who had been to Egypt, do you think it's better to take a cruise, and have less time in Luxor, or skip the cruise, but more time in Luxor?

the difference between choice 2 and 3 is Desert safari or beach at Hurghata? We are not beach person, and won't be diving. But if we can see the coral reef and fish through other means, we would be happy. Desert safari has its appeal too, we heard white desert is incredible. But we also heard about sand storm, hot temperature. Again, any suggestions, advice are very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mar 16th, 2003, 04:55 AM

I would not skip the cruise part - there was something magical about standing on top deck of river boat and watching the shore go by - to see peole dressed and farming as they would have centuries ago helped put a perspective on Egypt - especially with the contrast to the crowds od Cairo and the magnificent temples and tombs.

Can't help with the beach or desert, but when we were there 2 years ago in mid-April it was incredibly hot.
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:07 AM

choice 2:
day 7-8: cairo
day 9-11: desert safari
That's my choice.....
The cruise is not to be missed.
Pyramids and Cairo museum with Tuts treasures are also a must see.
You can see fish and coral lots of places but there's only one Egyptian desert.Sure its hot,but it is the desert and part of the adventure.
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the advice ... cruise and white desert will be.
Mar 29th, 2003, 09:33 AM

Maykujung,

I agree with your choice. I'm going to Egypt in July. Now that'll be hot! Don't worry about the heat, it's all about the experience. Thus my question...
We're going to take a cruise down the Nile. But what is the best way to find one. Purchase before going, or find one when you're there. If it's before leaving, the one's I see cost 200 dollars a day, all inclusive. That seems to expensive to me. Ideas?

Search this Thread