Need help. Where to go. In January

Nov 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Need help. Where to go. In January

Hello All,
I thought I would get your ideas on where we can go on our holiday in January since you are all so well travelled and I value your input. I realize this is a broad question but am hoping for somewhere we haven't thought about. We would like somewhere hot/warm and not raining. We have 2 weeks starting January 14, 2013. These are destinations we have thought about:
Morocco but from what I have read here there are conflicting opinions on the weather.
Argentina
Viet Nam
Hopefully you guys can add more ideas or elaborate on the ones I am thinking of.
Someone suggested I go to each individual area ie: Africa and Middle East for Morocco so this is what I am doing instead of posting it just under air travel.
We have been to Thailand which was a suggestion and loved it but want to go somewhere we haven't been to.
Thanks for all your help,
Mirasia
Mirasia
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:20 AM

You might consider Tanzania. The time period you reference is usually between the short and long rains and the Migration herds are in the southern Serengeti, where they are calving. The issue would be one of space availability... probably true for most warm weather destinations.
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:29 PM

Argentina would certainly be an option but have you considered South Africa? I can recommend the Cape Province during January; the rest of the country can be pretty hot and humid but the Cape is wonderful. Lots of things to do and see. Think about it.
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:20 AM

I would like to second the suggestion to South Africa - the weather in the Western Cape is great from December to April. A huge variety of things to see and do - game farms, hiking trails, stunning sandy beaches, wine farms, quaint towns, great restaurants, all within 2 to 3 hours' drive from Cape Town. Paternoster, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch, Plettenberg Bay (a bit further, but so worth it), etc.
Good luck deciding!
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:02 AM

What about a Nile Cruise? January is a good time to do it. I'd also recommend South Africa for all the reasons that HannelieB lists.
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM
TC

Hello Linda, Since you lived in South Africa that might not be the attraction for you that it is for some of us. I enjoy Africa in January and have been to both East Africa and Southern Tanzania in January with sterling results.

I've been many places in January and liked most....Africa, Australia, China, South of France, Italy, London, Paris, sailing and diving all over the Caribbean and some of the Pacific, Thailand, and Mexico....to name a few.

Maybe you could provide a bit more information on the types of things you like to do on holiday. That would be an enormous help.

Search this Thread