Need help for 10 days in SA

Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Need help for 10 days in SA

After staying one night in Jo'berg my wife and I would like to see Cape Town and as much wildlife as possible (doesnt have to be the big five.....we would be happy with any of the beauty of SA). My thoughts now are to drive up to Kruger and perhaps stay at one of the camps there for 3 nights then back to Jo'berg and fly to Cape town and stay a few nights there and drive to the garden route. Our time to visit is in May of 2004. And we have only 10 days/nights. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:12 PM

Given that you have a limited time frame I suggest that you rather consider the following routing:
One night Jhb (I'm assuming this is set)
Fly to Port Elizabeth and spend 3 nights at one of the reserves in the Eastern Cape area (Addo/Shamwari etc)
Then over a few days drive along the Garden Route to Cape Town
End with your time in Cape Town, most people would suggest 4/5 days
You will be able to fly directly out of Cape Town.
Oct 24th, 2003, 09:21 AM

Hi Wulfstan,

Traci you're hot! I completely agree with your advice. By the time that Wulfstan arrives in PE the Addo Park ( http://www.addoelephantpark.co.za/ ) will be equitable to much of the Kruger Park. They are doing huge things in the park and the Big 5 will be able to be seen by the end of the year. All that they now need are leopard in the park. There are tons of elephants as we all know as well as so many other animals. What really is a nice idea is that you can now collect a pick-up ranger/guide at the Addo gate whom you will pay by the hour. He/she travels with you in your car and overall is not at all expensive. Its a great innovation to rangering on a game park. There are also many other game farms in the Addo area such as Schotia and Lalibela and heres the BIG PLUS the area is MALARIA free. Furthermore there are many places to stay in Addo with Elephant House being my favorite. http://www.elephanthouse.co.za/

Thus Wulfstan follow Traci's great advice and take the journey she recommends. I recommend it highly too.

If you need any further help simply write to the Fodors board and I am sure you will be amazed as to how much aid you will obtain.

Hope this helps.

Selwyn Davidowitz
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Oct 24th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

As usual thanks to both of you and any others that might write here. Going to seriously look into it. Again thanks for your time and advice!

Search this Thread