Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Need expert opinion on moving to/working in the most perfect place on earth. (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/need-expert-opinion-on-moving-to-working-in-the-most-perfect-place-on-earth-179451/)

Jeff Aug 23rd, 2001 03:23 AM

Need expert opinion on moving to/working in the most perfect place on earth.

Hey peoples!. I am 21 years old and in need of some information. I live in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada, and have lived here all my life. I find myself falling into a very boring, repetitive, routine and I want a change. Anyway, the reason I've wrote you is that for awhile now I have been giving serious thought to moving/working somewhere different/exciting. I figure that I'm young, I should be experiencing new and exciting things, beautiful landscapes, different cultures, not rotting in boring Saskatchewan. Needless to say I need help. Unfortunately I have no clue where to start, who to call, or if it is even possible for me to move to any of the places I've been considering. Some of those places include the Caribbean, Ireland, Cypris, Austraila, etc.. I will of course need a place to live and a job. Any information you have would be much appreciated, he Internet hasn't been to helpful so far. Thanks for your help.

anonimous Aug 23rd, 2001 03:32 PM

North or South Pole?

shellity Aug 23rd, 2001 09:09 PM

Go Sydney, Australia, of course! Beautiful climate (it's winter now and it's 22 degrees C), right on the coast, and you're a winner with the Australian dollar the way it is. It's definitely worth spending at least a summer here.

famous anonymus Aug 24th, 2001 07:13 AM

if you have good qualifications ( economy, finances...) go to cayman islands

freud Aug 28th, 2001 11:48 AM

Dear Jeff! <BR> <BR>There are thousands of fascinating places all over the world. It is quite unfortunate that somebody falls into a very boring repetitive routine being 21. You should look within yourself for the strength to get out of this routine and not on the outside. If you can't, travel will not help you. It will entertain you, make you into a more interesting conversation companion and maybe even dull the boredom for a while. It will rarely help you address your inner problems. I have been travelling places since I was 17, never staying at one place for more than 3 years. Far from regretting it, I now realize that most the problems I had when I was 17 stayed with me after 10 years of travelling and living on 3 continents. Do not travel to escape the routine - you will always look for the wrong things. <BR> <BR>I think that before seriously considering a move to a far away exotic destination, you might want to try some more exciting places in your own country - you might find Montreal or Vancouver very exciting, yet foreign to your Sasketchewan mindframe. <BR> <BR>As for my advice on the English-language paradises on earth here is my breakdown: <BR> <BR>California <BR>Australia <BR>Alaska (though, being from the hey-land you probably won't appreciate it) <BR>Hawaii <BR> <BR>I wish you luck, and don't go to Cyprus - ain't nothing worse in the Mediterranean. <BR> <BR> <BR>