Need advice on Abu Dhabi/Dubai stopover

Jan 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Need advice on Abu Dhabi/Dubai stopover

Hi all,

Have finally booked all but one hotel for our 2 month trip to Europe! Just having a bit of trouble working out our stopover in United Arab Emirates and could do with a bit of advice….

My sister and I arrive at Abu Dhabi Airport at 0715AM and fly home to Melbourne at 1810 the following night. We are hoping to take the Emirates coach into Dubai on the first morning, spend the day exploring, then take the coach back to Abu Dhabi and stay in a hotel there. With this in mind, do you think it would be better to stay in a hotel at/near the airport, or in Abu Dhabi city centre? I guess we’d have to go to our hotel before taking the coach to Dubai to check in and drop off our luggage. Or does the airport offer luggage storage?

We are hoping to then see a bit of Abu Dhabi on the second day before our flight leaves that night. How far is the city centre from the airport? And would this be possible seeing as we’d have to be at the airport at least a couple hours before our flight?

Any hotel recommendations would be great too!

Thanks,
Cassie
Jan 8th, 2013, 08:46 AM

I can't help much as I visited AD from Dubai on an overnight trip just in order to visit the Grande Mosque there which is a must-it's absolutely beautiful and reminded me a bit of the Taj Mahal with all it's inlaid stonework. I can highly recommend the Shangri-la Hotel in AD and request a view of the mosque as it's magnificent at sunset and really shimmers in the sun at any time. I visited in June so prices were low, heat was high, but not intolerable. Dubai is fun for a stopover too and I just love the architecture in both of these cities. Enjoy the UAE.
Feb 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM

We are traveling (4 adults and 3 children, 8, 9, 12) to Cape Town from the US and the best fare has a stopover in Dubai for about 8 hours. Are we allowed to leave the airport or would there be a problem. Any advice on a company that would do a short tour would be helpful, thank you.
Feb 15th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Check over on the TA forums as there is tons of advice on Dubai there.
Apr 8th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Hi Cassie,

Please confirm if your query is still valid or have you already travelled.

Search this Thread