Search

Nairobi to Arusha

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nairobi to Arusha

What is the best way to get from Nairobi to Arusha and return?

How is the shuttle bus trip? How long does it take?

Who are the scheduled air carriers between the two cities? Do they fly daily?

Are there any charter operators that fly the route? There will probably be four to five people on the trip.

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:35 AM
sandi

There is a shuttle bus that has two deprtures from NBO to Arusha, one in the morning 8:30-9am, another at around 12N. Trip is $20 ea. way, takes about 4-hrs including the stop at Namanga border. It's an experience - the only thing missing from this is the chicken coops on the roof. We did the shuttle one-way, but arranged for a private transfer for our return.

A private van transfer is about $400 +/- which for you group isn't all that costly when you consider the flight one-way would cost more.

There are flights daily from NBO at 12:30pm arriving Kilimanjaro (JRO) 1:20pm at a one-way fare of $135, then you have to arrange your transfers to/fr airports to wherever you are heading next. The return flights leave JRO 1:45pm arriving NBO 2:35pm. The flights are run by Precision Air (Div. of Kenya Air).

Those are your choices.

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:39 AM

bus trip takes 5/6 hours, cost US$20 one way. Flight takes 1 hr, costs around $135 o/w, Air Kenya and Precision Air does the route and fly daily. Both do charter flights, need to contact them for costs.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:41 AM

sandi, you just bet me to the post! Though you info is more detailed, I'm too lazy to type too much!
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 05:22 AM
sandi

distiller - Maybe I just got up earlier then you. But I tell you that after taking the bus and arriving in Arusha, we went right to the tour operator's office and arranged for a private van transfer back to NBO. My comment was "one-way was an adventure, round-trip would be torture."

Either private van or air are the best choices.