Some questions about Jerusalem..

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm planning to possibly visit Cairo and Jerusalem in November this year. I already asked about Cairo in another post, so this is for Jerusalem. My cousin, his wife and I would be arriving in Jerusalem after spending 4 days in Cairo. They will be spending about 2 days at a conference in Jerusalem. So I would like to use those days for possible day-trips.

So far a one-day tour I'd like to do is to Masada and the Dead Sea. The second tour would probably be to Nazareth, Tiberias, and the Sea of Galilee. Do these sound like good day-trips? Please share some of your favorite things to do and see in Jerusalem. I'm still researching for this trip, so would love to hear your ideas. Thanks, Greg
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM

Yes, those are the recommended day trips. But I suggest that you post the itinerary for your entire Israel visit so that we can help you organise your stay more efficiently.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM

What you are planning on doing works. Are those the only two days you will be in Jerusalem? If so--when are you going to see the city and what it has to offer. Jerusalem deserves loads of time in itself, not just as a base for day trips.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 12:20 AM

If I understand correctly you are waiting to tour Jerusalem with your cousin and his wife after their conference is over.

Your two choices of day trips are great.

How much time will you have to see Jerusalem? Knowing that will enable us to make better suggestions for what to see and do in the city.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 02:38 AM

http://www.desertecotours.com/englis...ea_massada.asp

Dead Sea Area Masada and Church of the Holy Nativity my 2 favs

but you truly need more than 4 days same for Egypt.

Happy Journey do more research make more time

for better experience.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

Sorry that I wasn't clearer. Our trip will be flying to Cairo, and staying for 4 days. Then bus/shuttle to Jerusalem for 4 days. While in Jerusalem, my cousin and his wife will attend a conference for 2 days. I will have those 2 days free to do whatever I want. Those are the 2 days I want to take the day-trips on. I don't know yet if we will spend last night in Tel Aviv for flight home, have to check on that part.

I realize 4 days isn't a lot of time for Jerusalem, or 4 days for Cairo, but it's the best we can do for this trip. Thanks for your advice, Greg
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 03:27 AM

Note that the airport, although called TLV, is located between Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem. Travelling time to the airport from Tel-Aviv is about 30 minutes, while from Jerusalem it takes about 45 min. Therefore there is no saving or advantage gained by transferring hotels for the last night.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM

The two day-tours are doable, but do spend the remaining time in Jerusalem which for me there's never sufficient time to see all there is... fascinating! No need to visit Tel Aviv with such short time in-country (and no closer to airport than if from JER); while fascinating it's a modern city with some high-points, best to save for when you have more time.

And, as I mentioned in your other thread... double check whether the shuttle bus between Cairo/Israel is still operating and if so, know it's a full day in transit.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 08:45 AM

With 2 days free, I'd recommend choosing one of your two day trips and spending an entire day wandering Jerusalem's Old City. The Old City is, in my mind, one of the world's great destinations and worthy of a slow, lengthy exploration of its many nooks and crannies, holy sites and suqs (markets).