Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Namibia trip accommodation advice : Dora Nawas and The Stiltz

Namibia trip accommodation advice : Dora Nawas and The Stiltz

Oct 6th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Namibia trip accommodation advice : Dora Nawas and The Stiltz

I've had a quote + suggested accommodation from Cardboardbox for the itinerary I listed on a previous post. They are suggesting Dora Nawas for the Damarland area and The Stiltz for an overnight at Swakopmund. Does anyone have direct experience of these? A search on this site doesn't give much at all, but they both look interesting on their websites.
Oct 26th, 2006, 11:39 PM

I almost mentioned the Stiltz when I posted on your "where to stay in Soss" question. We stayed at the Stiltz at Rachael's (Cardboard Box) suggestion after our origianl choice, The Hansa, didn't have rooms available. I'm very glad we did. The only drawback is that it's a little ways out of the downtown/restaurant area, so when we went to dinner they suggested driving or taking a taxi - it would be a very dark and rather long walk through a somewhat deserted section of the road. Of course, this was off season - it might be a different matter in the summer. Apart from that, we really liked the hotel and the location. We had one of the cabins closest to the sea, so we could sit on our balcony and see both the Atlantic and the mouth of the Swakup. Our boys were farther back and in a family room that did not have a balcony. It was a short walk to the beach where you could skirt the mouth of the Swakup (lots of birds) and walk south (I think) with dunes on one side and the ocean on the other. My husband and oldest son saw a couple seals on their first walk. It's not traditional, but very colorful and sort of funky. Anya, the manager, was very helpful.

Search this Thread