Notices

Namibia - Damaraland

Jan 5th, 1998, 12:44 PM
COLIN LITTLE

Namibia - Damaraland

We are palanning a trip in April 98 to Etosha and the area to the east (Palmwag, Brandberg, Twyfelfontein). We have visited Namibia 3 times before and are looking for info on good affordable lodges / guest farms to stay at in this area. We will be in a 2wd vehicle and to go into the desert areas, which we believe are controlled by concessionnaires, we'll use the local tour operator. If we see desert elephant or rhino it will be a bonus - we like to have minimum impact on the environment.

Jan 15th, 1998, 04:48 PM
Sandy Matthews

I am planning a trip to Namibia and Botswana in July -- I would be happy to get the names of some lodges in Namibia for you -- I just started my research -- any recommendations for sights , tour companies -- we are going to do a "fly in" safari through a tour company (maybe Ker and Downey or A&K) so we'll be on our own agenda -- not with a group -- I know its more expensive but its my honeymoon...any suggestions would be great -- I am overwhelmed !!

Jan 16th, 1998, 11:41 PM
Jackie

I planned my honeymoon thru Lets go travel" in
Nairobi(ask for Vincent) Perhaps they have a
Botswanna office.
A word of caution: I have been 2 to East Africa
and after comparing prices feel that Abercromie andKent is way overpriced. In Kenya their vans
were always too crowded. You can make superb
arrangements for less I am sure.

Search this Thread