Search

where to buy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to buy

Everything I read says to get clothing in Khaki and natural colors. I am having difficulty locating women's cool max T shirts in these colors. I have tried REI,TravelSmith, Lands End, LL Bean, Dick's Sporting Goods etc. I would like cool max or another wicking shirt because it will be quite warm when we go. I have no problem finding yellows, pinks ,purples. whites. blues etc but khaki and natural colored greens I am having difficulty with. So if anyone has found them, please let me know.

Thanks
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM

Not much info for you..but I bought mine at the Eastern Mountain Sports shop.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 03:26 AM
sandi

Some recent comments on a Europe board thread mentioned that Cool Max fabric tends to "pill" - something to consider, but I have no personal experience as I only wear cotton.
So when it comes to the tans, khakis, green, you definitely can find these in cotton.

Old Apr 10th, 2005, 03:42 AM

try campmor, also have very reasonable prices, on the internet.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM

Have a look at TravelSmith.com. They have a range of CoolMax Ts that come in cream (and ice blue, light cantalope, etc!). Cream is the only natural color I see in their selection.

Also, check Athleta.com. They have a range of Tactel fabric Ts that come in a Peridot (green) color that might work. And they have a "Pac Rat Tee" that comes in Oatmeal - also quick drying.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 03:25 PM

Try sierratradingpost.com
They have many brands of moisture wicking shirts.
Brenda
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 08:19 PM

Yes, www.sierratradingpost.com and www.campmor.com are both very reliable, good about returns, have GREAT prices...and have a variety of coolmax and other wicking products. Coolmax does pill a bit, overtime, but not noticeably more than most other wicking shirts. And it definitely IS cool! Sometimes manufacturers don't offer neutrals for women, so I end up buying mens smalls or boys sizes...you might check that too for tshirts.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 02:09 AM

REI.com has some shirts that look possible - colors are not called khaki, but things like "stone" and "mint green" - might work.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Ag3046

Natural colors aren't mandatory. Get colors you like. Natural colors don't show dirt as much and you tend to blend in. Magellans, LL Bean, Travel Smith, REI are all on-line catalogs. I like Cool Max, but it tends to retain perspiration smells. If it's quite warm, consider a long-sleeved woven shirt for sun protection. Don't worry about natural colors. You don't say if you are going on safari, but most animals are color blind.