Namibia advice needed!!

Feb 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Namibia advice needed!!

So I am bringing 7 friends to Namibia, a country I fell in love with 6 years aho. I will share my full itinery with you all later to get advice. But. First I need advice: I have a 48hr period from leaving Swakopmund to reaching Okuakajo/Etosha. The question is where to go and stay. WE have 4x4 with roof tents etc. Choices are

1)drive to cape cross early,then drive to see white lady at Brandburg,camp at Uis then drive to Etosha.

2)drive all the way up skeleton coast turning off towards palmwag etc.camp somewhere then on to Etosha. If I remember correctly there is a great camp site at Ongongo falls but is that a bit far away? Would love to get as far as Puros but I think that might really be to far.

Any advice appreciated!!!

Thomas
Mar 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM

Did the route (no. 1 option)last july and stayed at the Brandberg White Lady Lodge. We also camped, great location even though we didn´t see desert elephants, we managed NOT to see the one that walked right through the camp But a beatiful place.
Mar 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM

I am sorry I can't be much help as I don't remember the routes.
You are right! Namibia is very beautiful. I love the desert and sand sports and is was a great time.
Even went skydiving.

Since nobody has replied may I suggest you order a Lonely Planet from Amazon.
They have all the routes in there and great advice.

Stay away from the 'Shoestring' editions if you want more details.

Happy travels!
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:45 AM

Got a bit late to your message. Would recommend the following:
Depart Swakopmund early, and drive up to Cape Cross. You will have back track to get to the road that go to Uis (about 115km). Fill up fuel in Uis. From Uis take the Khorixas road till you get to the main tar road cross over to go to Kamanjab. At Kamanjab (Get fuel here), turn right towards Outjo on the main tar road. 25 km out of Kamanjab is the Otjitotongwe Cheetah Sanctuary. Camping sites. If you leave about 7am from Swakopmund, with about a hour at Cape Cross, half hour at Uis, you would easily make it to Otjitotongwe by 13H00. Around 14H00 they start to do their cheetah activities. If you stuck with a itinerary, contact me at http://www.safari.gateway-africa.com/ I have done this route dozens of times, and will send you a full itinerary.

Next morning it is a easy drive to Etosha via Outjo. Good place for fuel and food.

Search this Thread