Namibia

Sep 16th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Namibia

I am going on a pretty long trip to Africa ( will be spending a total of about 6 weeks spending time in Tanzania , Rwanda, and Botswana, zimbabwe ) next year and towards then end of my trip have a couple options and I am just kind of stuck and not able to decide.

Option 1. 3 days in Cape town and 3 days at Sossusvlei in Namibia
Option 2. 3 days in Cape town and 3 days at Hoanib skeleton coast
Option 3 skip cape town and do the 6 days in Namibia

I probably wont make it back to this part of the world again so trying to decide which to cut out I just cant squeeze it all in.
Any thoughts
Sep 22nd, 2015, 10:11 PM

I did a 12 day self-drive around Namibia in the last week of May this year.It was a fantastic experience,adventurous lots of wildlife,wouldn't mind doing it again. Though 2 weeks would have been comfortable didn't have much time. It went as per plan and as discussed in this forum, in fact also got to drive through the Skeleton Coast which wasn't in the original plan.This could be of help.

http://www.fodors.com/community/afri...wned-on-me.cfm
Sep 26th, 2015, 05:03 PM

I spent 7 days around Cape Town - the city and surrounds are beautiful.

Then the following year 3 weeks in Namibia and hands down if I had to choose Namibia would win in a heart beat.

Go for the extraordinary dunes at Sossusvlei, try to stay at the lodge inside the park and take their sunrise tour to Big Daddy & Deadvlei - amazing!

Then head to Swakopmund and take a day tour to Sandwich Harbour where the dunes literally meet the Atlantic. Incredible!
Sep 28th, 2015, 02:03 PM

Hi milehigheater!

Your trip sounds amazing!

I don't know the rest of your itinerary but I think you would love a few days in Cape Town. Where else can you spend time in a city that is shadowed by a tall flat mountain and sits at a point where two massive oceans converge? Such an incredible place!

I am a huge fan of Namibia but I'd carve yourself a slice of Cape Town out of those 6 days.

Sounds like you've planned a magnificent trip!

All the best and happy travels!
Dianne
Africa Direct USA

Search this Thread