Nairobi - Serena or Norfolk?

Nov 9th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Nairobi - Serena or Norfolk?

The key here is the restaurant, the room--not so much. We are getting into Nairobi in time for dinner and to crash. Love 5 star dining. Anybody have a preference on the restaurants at these two hotels? Prefer not to leave the hotel for dinner.
Nov 9th, 2005, 07:23 AM

I have eaten at both.

Although I would not rate Serena 5 star, I much preferred the environment there. Sitting outside next to the pond, listening to the frogs croaking and water tinkling, and having the warm African breezes skim across your legs is a wonderful memory. The food was good.

The Norfolk food was good - but I felt like I could have been eating in any Hotel restaurant in the US or Europe.
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:01 AM

I would encourage you to head out for dinner.
Nairobi has some really great restaurants.
The Pavement offers a fusion of African/Asian cuisine, just to mention one. Then of course with it's healthy population of Indian's you'll find curries that beat the best in the world!
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Not going to venture out for dinner. Will have just spent some 16 hours on a plane (2 flights), and finally landing in Nairobi at 7:15 PM. By the time we get through with Visa's, get to hotel, check in, shower, etc., it will probably be 9:30. We have a very early morning flight to Kili. I am now leaning towards Serena.

Search this Thread