Nairobi Hilton????

Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Nairobi Hilton????

Has anyone stayed here? How is it? We are staying in Nairobi first and last night of our safari trip and wondering whether I should use my HHonors points and use a freebee night at Hilton or stick to Norfolk or Serena Nairobi. Is it conveniently located to get to fro from NBO? Comfort and convenience is very imporatnt to us.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM

The Hilton is fine. We stayed there using HHonors points before and after our safari. It's a typical business hotel and located downtown. I've never stayed at the Norfolk or Serena but imagine they may have more of a 'resort like' feel if that's what you're looking for. My only complaint is that no matter how much I adjusted the in room A/C, it only seemed to stay at one temperature (not very cold) and the entire inside of the hotel was kept quite warm. I'm sure that was what they felt was a comfortable indoor temperature but was a little warm for us. As far as distance to NBO, it's probably closer than the Norfolk or Serena but not by very much. We received rooms on the executive floor and a suite on our last evening (due to being HHonors Diamond). A light breakfast and evening hors d'ouerves/beverages are served in the executive lounge. They're very accomodating as far as early check-in/late check-out. We were able to occupy our room until 7pm, and they were checking other guests in as early as 7am.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM

BTW the drive to/from NBO takes about half an hour.

Search this Thread