Nairobi - Addis overland trip

Nov 24th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Nairobi - Addis overland trip

I would like to book an organised two week overland trip from Nairobi to Addis Ababa, taking in as much wildlife as possible on the way. Can anyone recommend tour companies that do this trip? I know about Dragoman's trips, but they are the only company I can find currently.
Looking to travel April 2012.
Many thanks
Nov 25th, 2011, 02:03 AM

Might try

Tucan Travel - adventure travel ... Overland Expeditions; Budget Expeditions; Independent Travel; Expedition Cruises; ... Kenya | Laos | Latvia | Lesotho | ...

www.tucantravel.com
Nov 25th, 2011, 04:09 AM

Unfortunately, nobody does this trip as an organised tour to the best of my knowledge, as the northern Kenya section of the route is prone to banditry. You can get public transport (usually buses, sometimes only trucks) along the same route, but you won't see much if any wildlife. For wildlife along this route, take a safari out of Nairobi to Samburu/Buffalo Springs/Shaba national reserves, north of Mount Kenya, at the start of the route north to Ethiopia. You could hop off the tour in Archer's Post or Isiolo, but most people on the safari would naturally be returning to Nairobi.

Hope that helps, and have a good trip!

Richard

Search this Thread