MYSTIC EGYPT AND SHOPPING

Aug 22nd, 1998, 11:24 AM
stefan

MYSTIC EGYPT AND SHOPPING

Im planning to go to Egypt the last two weeks of september. Anyone knows somehwere reliable to go regarding mysticism, spirituality, egyptian tarot, energy centers, etc.? What is recomended to buy in Egypt (rugs, sculptures, ceramics). Is the Meridien on the Nile river a good hotel? Any suggestions?

Aug 23rd, 1998, 10:49 PM
gloria bunch

Not exactly a reply to your question but would like to know if you still plan to go. We have airline tickets for November but now are just a little nervous. We plan to do a tour than go it on our own for another week. Hate to go and not enjoy the trip. Takeing a wait and see attitude.
All our books on Egypt say the Khan el-Khalli Bazaar is the place to shop in Cairo. As for the Cairo Meridien Hotel Fodor's travel book says that the hotel has the most fabulous location of any hotel in the city. Sounds good to me. We don't plan to stay at that expensive a hotel but do plan to stay in the downtown area. Hope all works out I am so looking forward to seeing the sights. You can clue me in on the atmosphere and the best of your trip since you go first. Pass along any internet sites you have found helpful. Here's to peace! gloria

Search this Thread