My Zambia Trip!

Nov 29th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Original Poster

My Zambia Trip!

I want to thank everyone who answered my questions before our trip to Zambia. We had a great time. Like I said in my last post, the weather was hot a few days, but the rest of our stay, it was clear and sunny.

We drove to Livingstone and it was a very good experience. It was nice to see all the small villages thoughout the way.
We did use our deet mosquito repellent and took Malarone. Didn't seem to be many mosquitos but we wanted to be safe.
Stayed at the Zambezi Sun Lodge and it was wonderful. Excellent service and huge delicous buffets! One evening we went to the Royal Livingstone Lodge (next to the Sun) and had drinks and appetizers outside by the Zambezi River. It was so nice to watch the beautiful sunset, there was a man playing the flute, we got to see lots of hippos, zebras, monkeys, and giraffes.

Victoria Falls--The Victoria Falls were Amazing to see even though they were pretty empty! The rainy season had not started and they told us that APRIL was the best month to go see them very full. We enjoyed shopping at the Market, but really had to bargain!
I loved the wood giraffes and the carved wooden boxes. A few tips from my experience: Keep lots of change for bagaining, tell them your final price, and remember that maybe down the market they will probably have the same thing and you might be able to pay the price you want.
In Lusaka we went to the market they set up in the Arcades shppping center on Sundays. That was a lot of fun too. I loved seeing all the mangos they were selling (There are mango trees everywhere in Zambia).
Rocco: Thanks for recommending the Marlins restaurant! The steaks were excellent and we had a great time.
We also had lunch buffet at the Taj Pomodzi hotel and it was also very good. They have a small jewlery store there with a lot of semi-precious stone jewlery and sterling silver. The prices are pretty good.
Our experience in Zambia was wonderful. Thanks again to everyone for answering my questions.
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:44 AM

Were the hippos, zebras, monkeys, and giraffes viewed from Royal Livingston?

I am a fan of mangos too.
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Sounds like a great trip! What was your full itinerary and can you report back on the activities and accommodation any further?
THANKS

Search this Thread