Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   My pictures (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/my-pictures-621318/)

cybor Jun 6th, 2006 09:14 AM

My pictures

Here's my pictures of Tanzania, Kenya and the Seychelles - hope this works - this address seems too long;
Sherry

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...share&Ux=0

kimburu Jun 6th, 2006 09:22 AM

Hey Sherry... did you read my post before the thread was deleted? The first picture took away all the urge to stir anything up anymore. Idle hands are busy now ;-)

Leely Jun 6th, 2006 09:29 AM

What, no photos of Dubai? ;)

Thanks for sharing, Sherry. Looks like a great tripI was especially in seeing something of the Seychelles. Nice cheetah shots, too!

kimburu Jun 6th, 2006 09:29 AM

These are great... and I mean GREAT! :D
What camera equipment do you use (so that I can pretend the reason for the difference between you photos and mine is just a matter of investment)?

Patty Jun 6th, 2006 09:47 AM

Thanks for sharing your pics! I love that you have so many non-wildlife shots too. Tony, Natasha, and Waldo are adorable!

cybor Jun 6th, 2006 09:48 AM

Thanks so much - they didn't seem to look too bad on my new pc monitor on with good thru the roof resolution. They do however, look so dark on my laptop - be honest are they too dark - I can edit if needed? I fear that most people will be viewing using older monitors.

Kimburu: No I missed the scoop (rats) :) - did I start something on that thread?
Sherry

matnikstym Jun 6th, 2006 09:52 AM

Great pictures Sherry! Especially liked the people photos and the different colored elephants!
Thanks!
Dennis

cybor Jun 6th, 2006 10:04 AM

Kimburu: I shot with a new Panasonic Fz30 - as you can tell I still need to bone up on usage - I'm graduating from my 5 very long year university program and will actually have time to take some well needed photography classes.

Dennis: Thanks, those elephants could almost have been from Zambia. How did you get your photos to completely fill the entire page on your last kodakshare - were any of your shots cropped?

Patty: glad you like my kids

Leely: Good memory - All I saw in Dubai was the buffet in the Emerites lounge and all that jewelry on all those women up there - a years worth of my wages on one ear.

cybor Jun 6th, 2006 10:15 AM

edit: kimburu I'm graduating this evening, literally - the cap and gown routine followed by many drinks whoohoo - so idle hands will get busier.

mv Jun 6th, 2006 10:20 AM

Sherry

beautiful pictures.
Loved the different Cheetahs and the baby Elephant. Also some fantastic bird shots. Cant wait until it is my turn to go on safari.

Michael

Patty Jun 6th, 2006 10:21 AM

Congratulations, Sherry!

cw Jun 6th, 2006 10:21 AM

Wow--fabulous wildlife pictures and such a variety. Thanks for including lodging shots, it's nice to see what places look like.

The photos of the Masai relocating their cattle were so poignant. They really captured the sense of their movement.

Thanks.

CW

Leely Jun 6th, 2006 10:24 AM

Sherry,
Congratulations! I'll have a drink tonight in your honor. :D

matnikstym Jun 6th, 2006 10:30 AM

Sherry, I don't know how I did that, just downloaded from my computer. I haven't figured out PhotoShop Elements3 yet so nothing was cropped or changed, just right out of the camera. Congratulations on your graduation!
Dennis

Favor Jun 6th, 2006 10:53 AM

Sherry - Thanks for the great pictures! :-)

africnow Jun 6th, 2006 10:53 AM

Nice photos. Enjoyed them all, but especially that fox [?] stretching!

napamatt Jun 6th, 2006 11:25 AM

Great shots of the Tawny Eagle, Secretarybird, the Bat-eared Fox and the yawning Cheetah.

Nyamera Jun 6th, 2006 11:46 AM

Sherry,
Asante kwa kushirikisha picha zako.
I particularly liked the baby eles, the warthogs, the ostrich lying down, the people in Karatu, the Datoga bracelet maker’s foot, the baby wildebeest, baby hippo, the Maasai ear, the bat-eared fox close up, my favourites the topis, the stretching jackal, the dik-dik, the cheetah tongue, the baby baboon, the tortoise close-up and all others. How could you leave Waldo, Tony and Natasha to go to Africa? What’s Tony carrying in the box on his collar?

Congratulations!

rsnyder Jun 6th, 2006 11:46 AM

Sherry, enjoyed the photos. A special thanks for editing/culling. Too many times some display every image taken. Yours were great. Looked like you got right up to the rhino in the N Crater and same for the eland which always seemed to keep a distance from me. And, yes, I enjoyed the birds. Also, the shots of culture added to my sense of what you saw. Thanks for sharing. Dick

aby Jun 6th, 2006 11:55 AM

Sherry - congratulations

Seeing the crispness of the Cheetah shots - i wanted to ask about the equipment then found Kimburu had already asked & got an answer...
My guess was it should be a 300mm non-zoom (because of quality) or at least 10X with at least 6 MegaPics & a very close Cheetah. Very good quality for a non-SLR

The bird with the tuft on the head should be a young nestling of White-Tailed Tropicbird (Phaethon lepturus)
- have u got another picture of its body? It should be Cousin Island, ground nesting, somewhat bigger than a pigeon...
(The warbler is a small grayish passerine bird)
attached a warbler's video link:
http://ibc.hbw.com/ibc/phtml/votacio...51&tipus=1

aby