Mwanza to Nairobi - first time in Kenya.

Feb 19th, 2016, 01:51 AM
Original Poster

Mwanza to Nairobi - first time in Kenya.

Hello all, I've been asking this question to lots and lots of people but nobody seems to be sure - apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

I'm planning on travelling from Mwanza in Tanzania to Nairobi next week. Im wondering what is the best way to do it. I'm thinking of catching a bus to the Isebania border and then another bus from the other side. Does anyone have any experience of this / know if there are regular buses from the Kenyan side to Nairobi? And is it safe?

The other possibility I've been looking at is a bus with modern East coast bus company that goes direct from Mwanza to Nairobi but arrives at about 3am and I'd rather not travel or arrive in the middle of the night if possible.

I've heard (mostly from uninformed westerners) that Kenya can be pretty unsafe. Does anyone have any tips for a first time solo traveller there?

Thanks a lot.
Feb 19th, 2016, 08:50 PM

My sister currently lives in Mwanza. She is on a limited budget but always flies when she has to go to Nairobi. (She has gone several times this past year for medical care.) The people she works with recommended she fly rather than try the bus route.

Search this Thread