Mutiple entry in to Egypt & Visas

Jun 22nd, 2010, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

Mutiple entry in to Egypt & Visas

Hi,

I was wondering about entering in to Egypt twice during my holiday. I arrive then go to Jordan and return to Egypt.

Lady Egypt told me I can just buy single entry visas in to Egypt on arrival both times. However, my travel agent, who does not instil me with great confidence said I MUST have a multiple entry visa BEFORE I get there. I tried the embassy but they didn't answer me.

I just wanted to know if anyone has arrived in Egypt twice within a month. I am sure Lady Egypt knows what they are doing.... but call me a scardy cat... !

AAThanks!
Jun 22nd, 2010, 02:54 AM

No it's always best to double check, but there is no harm in being prepared before hand with mulitple visas. Anyway to make travel easier and less inconvenient makes it more fun.

Good luck on your travels
Jun 22nd, 2010, 04:56 AM

MissGreen - in 2008 we did the same as you're planning to do - entered Egypt with a visa (got it at airport on arrival) then later left for Jordan and returned to Egypt within the same month (again buying single-entry visa at airport). I don't know if multi-entry even exists but there should be no problem re-entering, you just have to pay again for a second visa.

I'm pretty certain it has not changed and you still are best off getting your visa at the airport each time - very cheap & easy.
Jun 22nd, 2010, 09:21 AM

Get a visa each time you enter. Everything will be easier that way. I'm not sure "multiple visas" are available at a price less than the $30 ($15 eaach) you will pay anyway, so just plan to follow Lady Egypt's advise.

I can see why your travel agent does not instill great confidence. I doubt s/he has ever been here and had to get the multiple. For him/her to say you MUST have the multiple is crazy anyway. No one HAS to have the multiple. Egypt will gladly let you buy a new one on each entry.
Jun 28th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks CC... good to know you did that Leslie.

I had no idea if I needed a visa for Jordon - and if so, get before or at the airport.... so I asked the stupid travel agent... they had no idea.. and were not bothered to even find out. The agent I had and LOVED and many people I know had used, left the agency to go interstate. Thank god I know these people are incompetent and don't rely on their info... I hope some other poor people don't count on their word as being gospel because they could be in trouble somewhere in the world when they don't have the visa required to get in to wherever they are...
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:14 AM

I guess you know now (not sure from your post) that you do need a visa in Jordan but that is also easily purchased at the airport in Amman.
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Original Poster

Leslie.. I have found that out too.. not from my travel agent. lol Thanks for the update!
Jun 29th, 2010, 04:33 AM

I think the airlines are supposed to know that sort of thing and to be checking when they see your passport upon check in. It would be expensive for them to be flying you back home when you get refused entry into the country, so I think they have figured out which countries require a visa prior to leaving, but that in no way relieves the traveler of the responsibility to know that before getting to the airport.
Jun 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM

MissGreen,

Who is the travel agent that left Lady Egypt....Amanda? If so, who is taking over her clients?
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:05 AM

Miss Green,

I am also very interested to know who the travel agent is who left Lady Egypt as I am in the final stages of planing a trip to Egypt with them. Am hoping that you will reply.
Jun 30th, 2010, 08:31 AM

US and Uk Citizens and many others, you do NOT have to purchase a multiple entry visa for Egypt. You get one each time you enter, cost about $21.00 each. Re visas in Jordan, you can get those at the airport too but if you are arriving by land from Israel and the Palestinian territories, you must have a Jordanian Visa in advance if you are crossing the Allenby Bridge over the Jordan River - the most convenient crossing point.
Jun 30th, 2010, 09:32 AM

$21? I think it is still $15 last time I looked.
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM

Travpro -

"cost about $21.00 each"

... it's $15, up from $10 which was many years ago.

"crossing the Allenby Bridge over the Jordan River - the most convenient crossing point.""

...not really the most convenient as there is lots of commercial/truck traffic. Actually crossing at Aqaba (in the south) is easiest. However, most traveling between Egypt/Jordan arrive via air at Amman where it's very easy to purchase Jordania Visa.

... and the Visa is $15, up from $10 many years ago.