Reload this Page >

Multiple Entry fees Zambia to Bots

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Almosthere

My travel agent just told me its possible I may have to pay a double fee after staying in Zambia and going to Bots. When I return to fly out of Zambia (Vic Falls) she says I will be required to pay an additional visa fee after just two days. Is this normal procedure. I thought having a waiver letter meant this would not occur....any experiences with you well travelled fordorites? I guess I am just confused -- though happy I am ALMOST There! Thanks

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the visa waiver covers the time when you originally arrive in Zambia . Once you leave, the waiver is void and if you return you will need to pay the visa fee
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM

Do you fly out from Livingstone (Zambia) or Vic Falls (Zimbabwe)?
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Almosthere

Hi; and thanks for the replies..My itinerary says I am flying Joburg into Livingstone; then flying back out of Livingstone to Joburg and onto Hoedspruit for the SSGR portion. I guess I will be contributing another couple hundred (as I have heard its gone up this year) to the local economy. Oh well, I am sure they are providing me with some good game viewing and water activities. Thanks for your input. Its difficult when one has never been to a country like S. Africa; Bots; Zambia, Zimbabwe to remember all the little things (like FEES that one needs to take along!)I got the visa pages down; just could not figure why I was paying twice.
It's just the way it goes I guess. Appreciate your help. Samantha

Old May 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM

You should be able to get a transit visa at the port of entry, which is good for 7 days or a Daytripper visa--- at the port of entry, which is for tourists coming to visit Zambia for a period of less than twenty-four (24) hours.

Old May 9th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Almosthere

Luangwablondes: thanks for your information. I imagine a transit visa is exactly what I need. I think my T/A just wanted me to have the extra bucks in case of any mistakes that may happen. At least I will FEEl better having it. Thx so much. All of youall are so very helpful to us newbies. Samantha

Old May 9th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Ask for a Day Tripper 1st. Its $10. If they tell you it doesn't apply in your case, the transit visa would the 2nd choice. It's somewhere between $40 and $60 I think.
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM

when I was there last October, the transit, and day tripper visas were NOT available to U.S. Citizens and had to pay the $100.00 for being in Zambia for 30 minutes on the way to Zim.
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:28 PM

but it is good for 3 years, so when you return you will be covered.
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Almosthere

Luangwablondes: Thanks so much! No one told me about that possibility. Very much appreciated. Like I said, without this forum my traveling would be so much less interesting (and not so widespread!)Sam

Old May 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM

From the official website of the Embassy of the republic of Zambia,
www.zambiaembassy.org :
page 2 paragraph 7:
<b>U.S. Passport Holders Only</b>
$100.00 multiple entry visa valid for 3 years.. Diplomatic and official visas valid for 3 years are gratis. U.S. applicants below the age of 16 years do not need visas but they do need valid passports.
<b>NOTE: Only multiple entry visas are issued</b>
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM

matnikstym

What are the exact circumstances that you were refused a Day Tripper or Transit Visa?
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:11 PM

luangwa~ we got off the Nationwide flight at Livingstone, got in the immigration line, showed our U.S. passport, the woman said $100.00. I told her we were just transiting through to Victoria Falls, she said it's still $100.00. (I had read this on Fodors before leaving, checked the Zambian gov't. website and was prepared to pay the $100.00). seems we were the only Americans who knew this as everyone else who was transiting were arguing with the poor woman who doesn't make the laws, just doing her job. I asked about the transit and daytripper option quite nicely, but she said sorry, it's still $100.00 for U.S. citizens. Very pretty and nice woman, sad she had to put up with the crap from the others. the new fee was only a month or two old at the time.
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM

Wow. I (EU citizen) paid US$25 for a single entry visa last year. 2-entry visa was US$40.
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM

That's what I thought. I had heard at the borders they have been giving transit and Day Tripper visas to Americans.

So if Sam flys into Livingstone, there goes $100. Then might as well get the 3 year visa upfront.

But if coming in by road, I still would try to avoid that $100 fee. If coming through Vic Falls, Zim, the Day Tripper makes sense. All the white water rafters from the Zim side that start the Zambezi in Zam are getting them anyway.
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:08 PM

As an Indian passport holder, i need a visa for Bots also. USD 100. More than the visa fee, it is just one MAJOR HASSLE getting the visa. Luckily, they just opened a consulate in New Delhi May 1st.

I also need a visa for SA and that is down right awful!!! The embassy is under staffed and their current staff are the nastiest, rude, abnoxious bunch of people on the face of the planet!!!

Hari
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:50 PM

This visa stuff is confusing. We are with a tour group starting in South Africa for 5 days, flying to Chobe for 3 and then to VF (by land I think)staying on Zim side for 4 days with a day trip to Zam and to Nam. We then go to a lodge in KZN for 6 nights

Is there something beside the passport with lots of blank pages, that I need to do BEFORE we leave the US? Or are these visas for US citizens issued as you cross the border?
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:15 PM

julie, you can get all visas for where you are going at the border or airport you're flying into.
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:18 PM

p.s. julie- the only ones with a cost is the Zim and Zam visas. Zim is around $30, ask your tour director for the Zam as there is some disagreement here.
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM

Thank you. Is cash required for the entry fees? Credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -