mtbeds.co.za for kruger in January

Aug 19th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

mtbeds.co.za for kruger in January

Hi,
I've seen plenty of references to people (with nerves of steel) holding off on making bookings for safari lodges until bargains start appearing on mtbeds.co.za, but has anyone any thoughts on doing this in January - with my understanding being that January is peak time for people taking holidays in SA.

Some of the lodges I have contacted are already filling up, so does anyone know what the likelyhood is of picking up a last minute deal in early Jan?

I will be on my honeymoon, so will be booking in advance anyway, but I'm curious none-the-less.

Thanks,

Muz
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:41 AM

Hello,

Given that it's the high season, the likelihood of scoring a bargain is pretty low -- and the likelihood of what you want being booked is high. I wouldn't try it unless I lived in SA (which is the intended audience of the mtbeds site).

Cheers,
Julian
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Julian,
I figured people would think that that was the case, and I imagine I'd be married for only marginally longer than Britney Spears was if we spent two nights of our honeymoon driving around looking for a place to stay
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:30 AM

Are Britney & Federline no more? She hasn't even had their child yet, has she?

Goes to show you how bad I am at American pop culture!
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:36 AM

As far as mtbeds goes, I would never risk that there would be availability at a decent place in the Sabi Sand in January.

One of these days I would like to risk it on a visit anytime from about April - September, but I don't think I would want to risk ruining my holiday if I were visiting anytime between October - March.
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

I was talking 'bout the other fella, the hometown guy she married in Vegas.

Google tells me his name is Jason Alexander and that their marriage lasted 55 hours!!

Search this Thread