Mozambique photos

Jan 26th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Mozambique photos

I finally have my Mozambique pics scanned in and loaded to the web from my November trip. Now I have to work on Namibia which is going to take a long time to scan and upload.

Enjoy!

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=jjigq2q...e&x=0&y=xaabw9
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Beautiful photos, but not enough to tempt me away for even one night from a safari
Jan 27th, 2005, 06:03 AM

Great pictures; thanks for sharing. Now I must add another "must see" place to my list! Do you know if there are any months/seasons that are not good for visiting the Mozambique islands? Just asking beacuse I noticed on e-gnu.com that the prices for this resort drop from $300 something to $125 at certain times of year.
Jan 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

RuthieC: I understand -- it's hard to ever give up a night on safari. Luckily for me I have a great appreciation for diversity of wildlife and habitats and coral reefs rate with rainforests as the richest environments on earth. For me a sea safari is the perfect compliment to a land safari. That's why I went to one of the best marine national parks in the world, often compared to the great barrier reef of Australia and not a fancy, tourist island.

Cruisinred: The dry season is preferred for the region, May - Oct. No major problems with Nov - Apr though, it just tends to be more hot and humid with occasional rains. Our stay in November had excellent weather and I was told that generally anytime is a good time other than S. African holidays when the area is very popular. Due to tradewinds and lots of water activity I don't think the heat is ever a major problem.
Jan 27th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Those are beautiful photos. The underwater shots are just incredible. Such clear water. Wonderful pictures of the place you stayed. Thanks.
I'll be really anxious to see the Namibia ones. I still would like to get there before too many more years go by. Thanks for sharing. Liz
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Lovely pics! Thanks for sharing!

I'm with you in terms of a fascination for all kinds of wildlife so the underwater life does fascinate me but I just don't enjoy beaches at all so I don't think I'd choose to visit this location.

Still, I enjoyed the pics.

Definitely cannot WAIT for the Namibia ones!

Search this Thread