Mozambique & South Africa Recommendations

Dec 18th, 2002, 02:15 AM
Sarah

Mozambique & South Africa Recommendations

My husband and I are planning an eight week trip to South Africa and Mozambique in January and February and are looking for some "splurge-worthy" suggestions. This is all being planned rather last minute, so we haven't had time for much research. We are planning to take the Baz Bus from Cape Town to Jburg via Swaziland and head to Mozambique when we go through Swaziland. We're planning to stay in hostels a good portion of the trip, but are looking for a couple "splurge worthy" lodges. We did a rather long safari in Tanzania just a few months ago, so we actually aren't that concerned with seeing animals. We're more looking for an intimate lodge in South Africa where we could go canoeing or do walking safaris and just generally enjoy the outdoors. In Mozambique, we're trying to find a reasonably priced, but somewhat luxurious beach lodge. I think for both of these we'd like to stay under USD300 per night per room. Please let me know if you have any suggestions - they will be much appreciated!

Also, when we were in Tanzania and Zanzibar we booked the entire trip with a local agent, which saved a massive amount of money - they got incredible rates at the best possible lodges - does anyone have any local agent contacts that may be able to get us better rates than the prices quotes on the lodges websites? Thanks again!

Dec 18th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Stephen

In doing some research on the internet before heading to South Africa I came across 2 websites with discount accomodations. lastminutetravel.co.za and mtbeds.com. Hope this puts you in the right direction.

Dec 19th, 2002, 03:26 AM
hanl

We've booked a few day's stay at Kosi Forest Lodge (http://www.zulunet.co.za/kfl/index.htm), in Kwazulu-Natal, just south of the border with Mozambique. I can't tell you what it's like as we've not been yet (going in Feb) but the reviews (e.g. by Michelin and Greenwood Guides) are pretty complimentary.

Dec 20th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Rob

I am not sure of your exact route but I have stayed at a wonderful lodge called Mkuze Falls that you might find splurge worthy. try their website www.mkuzefalls.com

Search this Thread