mountain biking in cape town

Mar 8th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

mountain biking in cape town

Just a few more days to go--my boyfriend and i depart for CPT on saturday. we are beyond excited!!

we are looking to do a mountain biking excursion while we're there. i've seen recommendations in guide books for downhill adventures and daytrippers. both companies offer trips that sound scenic and interesting. while we'd like to get some exercise, we're not interested attempting any lance armstrong impersonations! does anyone have experience with either of these companies?? any other recommendations? thanks for all of your help.
Mar 8th, 2005, 09:01 PM

Victoria_sw3

Day Trippers offer a great tour/cycling service and are not expensive. They will be able to accommodate all that you want to do however the ride that they are well known for is when you visit the Cape of Good Hope Reserve in that what they do is they take you per vehicle to Cape Point (About 15 Km from the gate of the Nature Reserve) and then let you cycle back to the gate for your return journey. (Great scenic ride) They carry bicycles and all else that you will need behind their tourbus on a special trailer. Please note that their tours are scheduled tours and that you will be enjoying this event with everyone else on board the bus; as a matter of fact that is what makes this outing so much more enjoyable.

Hope this helps

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread