Mount Nelson v. Cape Grace/ Singita v. Mala Mala

Sep 25th, 2000, 02:54 PM
Eileen Anderson

Mount Nelson v. Cape Grace/ Singita v. Mala Mala

We are planning a May 2001 honeymoon to South Africa and the Seychelles.
While in Cape Town, we are torn about whether to stay at the Mount Nelson or Cape Grace. They both sound wonderful, but can anyone differentiate between them?
Similarly, we have heard wonderful things about both Singita and Mala Mala. Any thoughts on the differences?
Thanks so much,
Eileen

Sep 25th, 2000, 03:07 PM
Dawn

Dear Eileen,
Hi there! We were in South Africa back in Feb - You picked one FANTASTIC HONEYMOON - we wish we had more time to also visit the seychelles - hear it is out of this world!!! where are you staying there? Anyway on South Africa - one of the best experiences I have had - we stayed at Singita - it is an unforgetable experience - the saff the service,the food, the rooms-more like little houses that you stay are are incredible - they have a website - check it out for yourself - I hear great things about MalaMala also but if you are looking for over the top pick Singita - you will not be sorry - only need 3 nights to see everything on Safari - we had horrible rain in Feb and still saw everything and I am still raving so that should say alot. Also I would suggest checking out a beautiful property in Cape Town - The Ellerman House - it is just beautiful - perfect for a Honeymoon - it is outside of the main traffic of Capetown but the property is just perfect - very private and very special - they also have a web site - please request a brochure to see if it is something you would like - as I learned everyone does have different taste. I know you will love your honeymoon and I wish you mush luck and happiness!!!

Sep 25th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Dawn

Dear Eileen,

Just wanted to mention one more thing - I would love to recommend to you this fanastic company that we just that customized our tour - the women was the best - her name is Tanya and she is from South Africa(I heard about them from Travel + Leisure magazine) Name of the company is Classic Encounters - her email is [email protected]. She did a fantastic job of putting everything together for us.

Sep 25th, 2000, 03:14 PM
Eileen

Dawn,
Thanks so much for your reply. I feel more excited already. Our (very good) travel agent is pushing Singita...did you stay at boulders or ebony lodge? Which do you think would be better for a honeymoon?
Thanks so much for the tip on Ellerman House...we'll check it out. We're staying at Grand Roche in Paarl, and Westcliff in Johannesburg, in case you visited those as well.
In the Seychelles, we're staying at the Private Island Resort on Fregate Island. It looks fabulous. Their website is http://www.reefrainfrst.com/seychellesfregate.htm, though I've actually seen better information about it written up elsewhere (better photos too). It is very private and sounds quite heavenly.
Thank you again!
Best,
Eileen

Search this Thread