Mosquitos in Egypt

Sep 18th, 2000, 09:36 AM
Lee

Mosquitos in Egypt

I am debating the necessity of purchasing mosquito netting for our trip in two weeks. I remember reading many months ago that some folks had terrible problems even in their hotel room at the Mena House where we're staying too. After looking at what's available in the travel/camping stores, the only type suitable would just lay on top of one as there is obviously no way to anchor them to the ceiling as the tent style requires. As this sounds hot and claustrophobic I had decided to take our chances, but am now hearing that Israel has West Nile virus problems so am reconsidering. Can anyone tell me of their experiences in this area? Thanks

Sep 19th, 2000, 12:11 PM
Dick

We were in Egypt in late June and also stayed at Mena House. No problem with mosquitoes. Guess if one leaves the windows open after sundown, one might have unwanted bugs. But, for us it was not a worry. I would be more concerned about watching fluid levels (especially during the hot months)and what I drank than mosquitoes.

Sep 20th, 2000, 04:31 AM
KW

We were in Egypt in April, 99 and found no mosquitos in the Mena House or any other place. We carried small cans of mosquito repellent spray, but never used them. I agree with the previous poster; I'd be more worried about water intake then mosquitos.

Search this Thread