Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can't go to Egypt if my passport's been stamped in Israel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 06:11 AM
shannon

We visited Isreal two years ago and our passports were stamped. I read somewhere that recommended all visitors to Israel to get the stamp on a separate sheet of paper if they were planning on visiting Egypt within 10 years of the Israel visit. I only read this in one place but I seem to recall that it was associated with the US government's travel advisories. We would like to see Eygpt in a few months but we're worried that we'll run into problems.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Dick

We returned from Israel/Egypt less than two weeks ago. On a Globus tour and had bus ride from Tel Avia to Cairo. Our passports were stamped when we entered Israel and we had no delay nor other trouble in crossing into Egypt. Maybe because we were with tour group or maybe they are less fussy.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 07:43 PM
Kang

Most countries in the Middle East and <BR>North Africa will not grant visas, or <BR>allow entry, to anyone who has any <BR>evidence of visiting Israel, EXCEPT <BR>Jordan, Egypt and Morocco. If you only <BR>plan to visit Egypt, you have nothing <BR>to worry about. <BR> <BR>Let's hope the Mideast peace talk makes <BR>some real progress so in the future, we <BR>don't have to deal with this kind of <BR>restrictions.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:53 AM
Elaine

There is a bus that goes from Egypt to Isreal and from Isreal to Egypt. Many expats go back &amp; forth between these countries without a problem.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Lincoln

Never been to Egpyt, but my Israeli friend goes there all the time with her Israeli passport. The scuba diving in Sinai supposed to be nice. If it is okay with an Israeli passport holder, it should be okay with just a stamp.