Morocco-Riads or Hotels?

Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:14 AM
Tom

Morocco-Riads or Hotels?

Planning a trip to Rabat, Fez, Marakech, Ouarzazate & Essaouira and mostly shown large
hotels. We are wondering about staying in riads to get a more authentic feel and some charm...but want to be close to medinas or city center where most activity is. Any suggestions on either type of accomodations would be appreciated.

Aug 7th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Nancy

I am returning to Essaouira after having visited it as a day trip from Marakech. The riads are fabulous and I will be staying at the Villa Quieta. it is a 15 minute walk to the center of town. Although the medina riad sounds exciting, if you have ever been to a medina, the peace and quiet of being removed from it is compelling. Also, the entrances to some riads in the Medina are so inconspicuous I fear, really that I wouldn't find them. If you go to search and look up Essaouira there is a wealth of information on Riads. I personally only want to stay at 5* hotels. You have to be very careful about cleanliness and food. I did not get sick although every one of my mates did. Additionally, you may think this is obsessive compulsive but I swear by it. I never use tap water when I brush my teeth- only bottled. I bring lots of extra tooth brushes just in case habit takes over. It worked in China too.

Aug 14th, 2001, 06:35 AM
JO

Search this Thread