Morocco plug type? And buying toiletries?

Old Sep 14th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morocco plug type? And buying toiletries?

sorry for these mundane questions. I will be joining an Intrepid Tour in a couple of weeks, flying into Casablanca. The starting hotel is by Casa Voyageurs so I will take the train from the airport (my flight arrives in the evening the day before the tour starts, so I will stay at a riad by the airport that night, and go into Casablanca the next day to check in at the tour hotel).

due to flight weight restrictions, I will not take any shampoo, etc — no liquids. Is there somewhere by Casa Voyageurs — chemists or supermarket - where I can pick up toiletries? I will have about two hours to run around doing errands, etc.

also, what type of plug is used in Morocco? i have gotten conflicting information online. Standard two-round pin European plug? I will need to charge my phone and tablet.

thanks!
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 07:06 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Years ago I stayed at the old Ibis Hotel at Casa Voyageurs and found a market in the neighborhood while exploring. I see on google maps that there is one still, in the same area on Rue Camille St Saens, north of the station. Supermarche Belvedere. Zoom in on the map and you’ll see it.

Yes, Morocco plugs are like French ones:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main...ity_by_country
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, MmePerdu. The Wikipedia link is very useful.

This is is the first time in many many years of travel that I have used a tour —the last time was 1979 to visit the Soviet Union as a student. For this trip I simply did not have time to do all the research and planning so I am giving Intrepid a shot. Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 01:44 AM

Here's a thread that answers your questions about the types of plugs you'll need.
Power adapter

Most hotels will provide many of the amenities you'll need, so even if you don't shop right away, you should have some of the items you'll need at the hotel.