Morocco over New Years

Nov 30th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Original Poster

Morocco over New Years

My friends and I are going to Spain and Portugal at the end of December through January. We would like to visit Morocco, even if only Tangier for a day or two (where the ferry from Spain would drop us off). I've read the dept. of state's travel advisory board re. Morocco and only general terror warnings were mentioned. Does anyone have any advice on the safety of this area during this time? of course, we will be respectful and mindful of the local culture. Is it safe for three curious, well-traveled, 20-something females? Are certain cities worse than others? Also, the cdc website was just as vague. Should we take malaria pills and get suggested vaccinations if we are only going there for a couple of days max?
Thanks for any info.
Dec 2nd, 2003, 06:58 AM
car

Salliemae
The only problem I see is not the security but just in a day or two in Tangiers you are going to expirience the worst of a very nice country.
Regarding the security issue, just stay together the three of you and dress discretly, do not accept to be touched (by men or young boys), just like you would not in your own local town.
If you can make it to Fez or Meknes, that will be a different issue, but you are going to need more than a day or two.
Regarding vacc I think yellow fever is compulsory but not malaria.
Dec 3rd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

thanks Car, for the post. Yes, I agree. After further research on Morocco, a couple of days is not much and Tangiers is not the place to spend it.

Search this Thread