Morocco or South Africa???

Nov 10th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Chris

Morocco or South Africa???

I realize that I am leaving messages left and right on this site but I really have no clue where to go on vacation in March. Does anyone have any opinions on either Morocco or South Africa? Good places to visit? What to see what no to see? Are they safe to go to right now? Thanks.

Nov 10th, 2002, 02:11 PM
kavey

Chris
These countries are so incredibly different in terms of everything they offer that it's impossible to answer this question for you!
Morocco offers a wonderful cultural destination - the moorish architecture, the bazaars and the people were the key attractions for me when I visited several years ago. Morocco is vibrant, heady, exciting and beautiful.
South Africa is a destination I am keen to visit, to date the nearest I have been is a trip to the Southern African countries of Namibia and Botswana, passing through Johannesburg for only a few hours. South Africa offers a very different set of attractions, and has a lot to offer. It's a vast country and has much natural beauty - it's a very popular safari destination, as well as offering the well known garden route and wine route. You also have all the delights of Cape Town that others here can describe in detail.
My advice would be to grab two guidebooks from your local library and delve into them and see which one attracts you the most.
I expect you'll find yourself keen to visit both, but will need to see which fits your personal interests, budget and other requirements best for the moment.
Good luck!
Kavey

Search this Thread