Visa Applications

Old May 30th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa Applications

I am travelling from Masai Mara through into Tanzania. Can anyone tell me if I am able to purchase a visa at the Isebania crossing. I will be staying in the Masai Mara Serena lodge and then onto the Speke Bay Lodge at Lake Victoria.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:02 AM

Yes, you can purchase TNZ Visa at Isebania. Download and complete application to hand over to agent with your passport (no photos required). But remember that you will need a Yellow Fever inoculation and proof of same for entry to TNZ from Kenya.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM

Having driven through this border twice, most recently in 2012, I can tell you that you will also need the correct fee (for Canadians US$50pp in 2012) in small, new bills. Do not expect the officials to make change. As Sandi suggests, we did print off visa application forms ahead of time and had them all filled out before we arrived at the border, but you will still be required to complete the (brief) blue arrivals form. We were not asked for our YF certificates at this border, but we were asked for them when we flew into Arusha from Nairobi. CR
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. Any idea why the form has a space for a photo if you don't actually need one. Is it best to take some anyway in case of a tricky situation.
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:30 AM

If we had applied for our visas here in Canada (by mail, from the High Commission of Tanzania in Ottawa) before leaving for Kenya and Tanzania, we would have had to provide a photo - hence the space on the application form for a photo. When you apply at the border, you do not need a photo.

Here is the form we used:
http://www.tzrepottawa.ca/visa_appli.../visa_form.pdf

To be honest, the officials at the Isebania border did not pay much attention to our carefully filled out application forms. They were only interested in our passports and the blue arrivals forms that we had to fill out on the spot. We did not have any photos with us. CR