Morocco- Marrakech Bound

Aug 21st, 2001, 03:06 PM
TERRI

Morocco- Marrakech Bound

I am a single woman traveling to Marrakech. Can anyone give me some ideas for inexpensive safe hotels in Marrakech? Another quick question - if I fly from Barcelona into Casablanca will I be able to get to Marrakech easily via train?

Aug 22nd, 2001, 05:36 AM
elvira

We (three Anglo women) stayed at the Ibn Ba Toutah, which was very nice with a very helpful and pleasant staff. The trip from Casa to Marrakech is about 4 hours via train - from airport to Casa Voyageur and change to train to Marrakech (a first class ticket is not expensive, and you'll be more comfortable; Moroccans travel first class so you won't be sitting with just tourists) or 40 minutes by plane. Here's a website with timetables (don't count on them being totally correct; ALWAYS check at the train station!):
http://www.maroc.net/station/timetables.html

Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:21 AM
texasgirl

Hi, we liked the Gallia and the Sherezade in the medina in Marrakech _ both about $25 a night. i think fodor's has descriptions of gallia, not sure about the other. Both pleasant and pretty.
Depending on your time and budget you might want to just fly between casa and marrakech _ we didn't have much time in morocco anyway and didn't feel like spending another six or eight hours in transit after overnight flight from states, connecting in europe. The roundtrip was about $90US from casa to marrakech.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:20 AM
skot

we were looking for the best way to get to Marrskech from Cas and decided to hire a taxi.When we looked at the plane schedule for air morocco the only 2 flights we saw were 740am which we could not make since we did not get to Cas there until 715, and the 2nd one was at 10pm.Are there other flights?

Search this Thread