Morocco in Late January/Early February

Dec 1st, 2011, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Morocco in Late January/Early February

We usually vacation in Europe in May/June. Due to work in 2012 my only vacation window is 3 weeks in January and February. Would going to Morocco in January and February prevent us from doing anything that we would usually do in May and June. Obviousy, the weather will be cooler and the daylight shorter but would it interfere with an overnight in the Sahara, visiting the usual towns (Fes, Meknes, Marrakech, Essaouria, etc), High Atlas drive and the other first timer spots in Morocco? Would we find a lot of things closed? I realize this is a very broad question but this is the very beginning of my planning and I would appreciate some input before I go further. Thanks.
Dec 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM

My suggestion for the following request you have posted is:
If you are going to land in Marrakech and depart your tour from there, so i would suggest to stay in Marrakech for 2 to 3 Days, then have a one day trip to Essaouira, then from Essaouira pass through Taroudant for one night, and then via Ouarzazat to Boumalen Dades where you will visit Dades Gorges, Dades Valley, Apes Toes and the 17th standing Kasbah of ait yul.and then next day to Todra Gorges where you will get a hike at the Todra Gorges the fame place for the Mountains climbers, then continue to do overnight in the Erg Chebbi first night in the Hotel and second night explore the Berber village of Merzouga and then the African Village of Khamlia as an interesting village to visit known by the Gnoua Music style as cultural Heritage, and then back to your Hotel to mount your camel ride for the desert experience, and try to be well armed for the desert experience, enough clothes for cold, and if you have gloves so you can catch at the Camel very good with no cold feelings. Othe day back frrom your camel ride, after your breakfast and shower try to depart via Rissani as a most interesting place to visit the souk and the mousulum of Moulay Ali cherif and the flea Market, as you can order the Medfouna for Lunch as a good and local delicious berber pizza to get at that location, so after Lunch you could left via Errachidia passing via Ziz valley then after passing Errachidia visit the Ziz Gorges, to Overnight in Medilt. Other day, Depart passing from the Anti atlas Mountains to reach the Cedar forest and take a stop at the barbraian apes where you can meet other visitors feeding the barbarian monkeys, later moving via Azrou then Ifran which is known as switezrland Africa, much of snow and water, to Fes.
Next day enjoy Fes old Medina and try to get a City guide recommended for not getting lost at the medina as it's dangerous going alone in the old Medina, Other day; Visiting Menkes, Volubilis, Moulay Driss and back To Fes. Other day going northwards to Chefchaouen, two days there, and then Rabat, then Casablanca downwards via Oualidia, then to Marrakech and if you still have more days, try to visit High Atlas Mountains, Ouzoud Falls, Ourika Valley.
have a nice trip and try to arrange all those details in good schedule and good plan to do in Morocco.
Dec 2nd, 2011, 01:44 AM

Lots of tout troll poo on your thread be careful.

weather2travel.com Maroc climate guides

Winter is nice off season days shorter High Atlas cold

whenI was there in winter many years ago in an ultramarathon.

Usually safe a lot on nice trains seat61.com/morocco

booking my own Riads or driver guides from $25/da

I always try to cut out scammers middle men like #1

Always check consular advisories only pay online with CC

NEVER wire money and insuremytrip.com

www.visitmorocco.com for reputable providers.

Happy Planning!
Dec 2nd, 2011, 03:58 AM

Try also to use Tripadvisor.com as it's very helpful but alway be aware from touts spreading around.

Search this Thread