Morocco Heat

Jan 25th, 2002, 06:03 AM
amy

Morocco Heat

We are trying to plan our first trip to Morocco and I have heard the best times to go are spring and fall, but June may be our only chance to get there. Wondering if anyone can tell me if the heat will be unbearable at that time. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 27th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Jennye

Well, it will probably depend on your tolerance for heat, but I was in Morocco the first week of July and the temperature ranged from the low nineties to about 115 F. I wore rubber sandals in Marrakech and had to throw them out because the bottoms melted. Ick. But bottled water is plentiful and evenings were delightfully warm, so if you seek out shade at noon, it will probably be fine. I'm quite sun sensitive so I also made sure to wear lots of sunscreen, and I was fine.

Jan 29th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Gar

hi there,
well, May is end of season for it is too hot then in south. But going in the north and the mountains of the Atlas will be a chance. Take a highnumberb suncreme (+25).
have fun
Gar

Mar 9th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Sherry

We went to Morocco in June of 2000 and found it to be lovely. The temps in the coastal areas were moderate and in the desert it was hot....like any other desert. It was 114 at 6 pm, but it was so dry it didn't seem that hot. You simply adjust to doing things slower and early in the day.
We've been many places, but Morocco was our favorite trip of all! I'd go bad in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

Search this Thread