morocco guide

Jan 19th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

morocco guide

My sister and I just returned from a 4 day trip to Morocco and had an amazing experience thanks to our wonderful guide, Hamid Dandane [[email protected]]. Before arriving, we had safety concerns as first time travelers to northern africa. To the contrary, thanks to Hamid, we could not have felt safer or more taken care of during our trip. When we exited the ferry in Tangier, Hamid was right there waiting for us and we did not have to deal with any hassles. From Tangier we drove to Fez, where we stayed for the duration of our trip. After telling Hamid our price range, he made reservations for us at an amazing riad -which was reasonably priced and, literally, the nicest place i've ever stayed. Fez was amazing city and Hamid brought it to life for us by telling us all about the history and culture, and answering all of our questions (which were many). During one day, we visited mountain villages, which allowed us to see very diverse landscapes that we hadn't anticipated seeing in morocco.
We had a wonderful experience in morocco and cannot wait to return, particularly because of the moroccon people --all of whom were incredibly warm and friendly. Even though we are young american women, one of whom is a flaming red head...we did'nt get hassled by men on the street. Whenever we wanted to buy something, Hamid always helped us to negotiate the price and made clear to us that there was absolutely no pressure to buy anything.
I cannot recommend Hamid more highly. His knowledge and personality made morocco an unforgettable experience and we are looking forward to returning for a longer trip. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Search this Thread