Morocco - Casablanca & Marrakesh Itinerary Needed

Feb 17th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Morocco - Casablanca & Marrakesh Itinerary Needed

Hi,

I am taking my 19 year old son to Casablanca and Marrakesh for about 1 week. We fly into Casablanca. I'm thinking we will train from Casablanca to Marrakesh, spend a few days there and finish up back in Casablanca and fly home from there. Does anyone have a very simplistic itinerary, suggested places to stay, etc. they could share? Thank you, Michel
Feb 17th, 2016, 07:31 PM

I will be visiting Morocco for the 1st time in April so will leave primary feedback to the experts here, but my understanding is that there is not much to see in Casablanca, other than the Hassan 2 mosque. You might be able to use most of your Casa time budget somewhere else. Perhaps train to Marrakech, spend 3-4 days there, then bus to Essaouira for a couple of days before departing back to Casa for 1+ days to see the mosque before heading home. I'm sure that DarrenHumphrys and perhaps Mme Perdu will be able to weigh in with more personal experiences.
Feb 17th, 2016, 09:02 PM

I agree that Casa can be skipped. If you don't want to spend all your time further south - and I agree with Essaouira as a good side trip from Marrakesh - I found Rabat a good low key intro to Morocco.
Feb 20th, 2016, 06:56 AM

Yes, head to Rabat first. It's a good introduction to Morocco. Then take the train from there to Marrakech.

Search this Thread