Morocco CamelTreks?

Aug 30th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Stan

Morocco CamelTreks?

Has anyone recently done an overnight camel trek in the Moroccan desert?(3-4 nights max).
Is it nicer from Zagora to M'hamid, or around Merzouga? Has anyone done the Zagora-Merzouga drive? howlong a drive is it? Is a guide essential? Do you know a reliable guide/driver for that area? Ideally I'd land in Casablanca Sunday morning in October and would like to be in Fes by Friday afternoon, and having trekked on camelback and slept under the stars in sand dunes in between?
Many thanks
LeStan

Aug 30th, 2001, 01:09 PM
elvira

We did just an overnight, via Merzouga, through
http://www.imilchil-travel.com/index.htm

They designed a tour for us as we'd planned most of the trip through Morocco independently.

Our guide met us in Marrakech, took us to Ourzazate, then a second guide took us from there through the Atlaa Mountains to the Sahara. The scenery is so spectacular (and the roads so high up) that we felt we'd made a good choice to arrange for a guide/driver with a Jeep!

Sep 5th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Sue

Dear Stan,
I recently took a trip to the desert and I would highly recommend the desert guide tht I used in Merzouga. In fact I went back a second time. If you would like, his e-mail is [email protected]

Search this Thread