Morocco and Spain

Nov 27th, 2002, 09:34 AM
James

Morocco and Spain

We are planning to combine a conference in Rabat, Morocco in March with a sightseeing trip in Morocco as well as Spain. I am planning to fly into Rabat, via Spain and then on the way back spend a few days in Spain.
My question: what are my best airline options? Any travel agency in Morocco you can recommend?
Which city in Spain should I visit? Since I am planning to use Spain as a stopover, it would be nice if I did not have to travel too far from where I make the change in flight.
Thanks for any help!
James

Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:54 AM
Friendly stranger

I was in Spain and Morocco a few years back and I remember that my ABSOLUTE favorite part of Spain was Sevilla - you MUST go. It is in southern Spain a bit further up than Grenada I think. It is absolutely worth the trip up. I think you might even be able to fly into Seville or into one of the cities nearby. DO NOT fly into Madrid if you want to get to Seville though as you will spend most of your time on a bus getting there. I would bypass Madrid altogether if I were you. If you can make it an overnight stopover I would suggest staying as close to the center of the town of Seville as possible. Anywhere near the cathedral or the bullfighting ring is good. Any travel book on Spain will lead you in the right direction and then you don't even have to consult a travel agent in Morocco. Have an excellent time!

Dec 4th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Marina

i lived in spain last year. i would definitely go to madrid. you can get to sevilla from there on a fast train in 2.5 hours. but i don't like sevilla as much as i like granada. the alhambra is worth seeing much more than anything in sevilla. if you do go to sevilla. watch out for gyspys. seriously! especially if they try to read your hand. if you do go to madrid, and have more time, go to salamanca 2.5 hours outside by bus. its gorgeous.

Search this Thread