Morocco Advice

Nov 21st, 2002, 09:29 AM
John

Morocco Advice

My girlfrind and myself are planning a 7 night trip to morocco this spring. We will be flying into Tangier and out of Casablanca. From my research I thought of getting a taxi to Asilah the first night and then a train to Fez the next morning. Does anyone have any ideas on what a good 7 day itinerary would be, we would like Fez and possibly Marrakesh as well. We will be travelling by train and taxi so we are limited in that respect. I appreciate all respnses and ideas!

Dec 4th, 2002, 09:27 PM
James

try to avoid the very touristy hotels, if you want an acutally morrocco experience. my wife and I and two friends rented out a house right in the middle of the medina. The house was like a palace. actually, it once was something like a palace. a villa. It was completely restored, and the detail and art on it was spectacular. I think what we loved most about it was to have the whole place to ourselves and to be right in the middle of the medina. very authentic. felt a lot more like living in morrocco than being a tourist. which is how we like to travel. also its nice to get a guide in fes. the other thing that was helpful was with this house we rented, we also had a guide. he picked us up at the airport and was pretty much at our disposal. definitely worth the cost, especially if you are splitting it among your friends.

Dec 4th, 2002, 09:52 PM
James

of course, i forgot to mention where to find the place. www.fesmedina.com good luck

Search this Thread